Thursday 29 May 2014

Little Gulls at Cresswell, and Druridge Pools

What a pretty little gull, that I didn't take enough notice of!

Two Avocets, 7 Black-tailed Godwits, 4 Shelduck, 1 Grey Plover, 2 Redshank, 4 Mallard, about half a dozen Tufted Duck, and a wonderful view of a Sedge Warbler. A Newcastle birder told me that there were two Reed Warblers singing behind the hide, but I didn't hear either of them, a bit worrying. A good group of House Martins with a few Swallows

At Druridge Pools I took Monty along the path to the two hides that I had found yesterday. There were Greylag Geese, 1 male Shoveller, Mallards, House Martins, Swallows, Black-headed Gulls. On the path on the way back I tried to photograph a Whitethroat, and heard Willow Warblers and Chiff Chaffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment