Thursday 4 February 2016

Evening at Oare Marshes


A lovely evening at Oare. It was low tide and there were dozens of Redshank, Tringa totanus, on the mud, and one Grey Plover, Pluvialis squatarola. I saw the Pied Wagtails on the stone revetments again, about four. In the distance I could see Shelduck, Curlew, Dunlin, Avocet, and of course Gulls.

On the way along the sea wall, there was a smashing male Stonechat, Saxicola torquata, on a nearby bush, remaining for many minutes, ruffled by the breeze.  The plumage was lovely, including the dark centres along the wing edge. I didn't see a white wingbar though. Sadly I didn't get a picture, having left the camera in the car!

Back at the ramp I looked for Short Eared Owls to the West, but only got a photo of the sunset, beyond the pylons and farmhouses.


No comments:

Post a Comment