Friday 9 September 2011

Pink or white hogweed

I went into college again today, and its now a bit clearer as to what I will be teaching this year, more or less the same, but a little less than last year, so i seem to have survived the cull of the sessional lecturers caused by the new funding regime. a couple of weeks before college starts, so time to do the final check on my unit folders.
Planned the community bulb planting with Julie and Janice from the HadLow Carbon Community. Alex popped by half way through, and was very helpful as always, so I think everything is pretty well organised. then I went over to the cemetery and felled the small dead weeping ash close to the entrance, which must have been dead for at least a year. There is a larger cherry tree that died of bacterial canker this summer and that will also need removing, sometime this autumn. Then I heard of a birch tree that had fallen in one of the parish borders onto the neighbour's wall, so I went and tidied that up as best as I could, although leaving all the material on site.

No comments:

Post a Comment